The surest ways to lose weight after pregnancy is to take care of yourself with good food and gentle exercise.
- Ensure that you eat quality food that contains enough nutrients and energy to care for yourself and your child.
- If you choose to breastfeed, your baby will get all the nutrients they need from the food you ate.
- Enjoy a variety of fresh foods, including; vegetables, proteins and whole grains.
Quantity, type and way of preparation of food:
- Eat smaller portions — using a smaller plate can help
- Sit down and enjoy your meal slowly.
- Choose healthy food options over processed snacks if you’re hungry.
- Use healthy cooking methods like steaming and grilling.
- Trim fat from meats.
- do your grocery shopping in advance — don’t shop when you’re hungry.
- It is also important to drink plenty of water too.
Exercising after pregnancy:
Some ideas for gradually getting back into exercise after pregnancy are:
- Going for walks with your baby
- Joining an active mother’s group
- Attending postnatal exercise classes
- Doing pelvic floor exercises
For more information on ways to get back to shape after pregnancy, Contact us